Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How the World Came to Be What It Is

Steve Hagen invites us to see the world as it is, unmediated by concepts. This was tough reading for me even though the Buddhist thoughts being explained were quite familiar. I remember reading this book at the airport while waiting for my wife to arrive from her US business trip. I went to the airport really early, around 5am, and I waited for over two hours. I was really tense while waiting as I did not inform her beforehand I would be there and there was a chance I might not spot her among the crowd.

I actually almost missed her. For some reason, I was certain she had already passed by so I started running past the barricades to the area on the other side of the gates where the taxi cabs were waiting. And I found her there, pleasantly surprised to see me. It was the first time we had been apart for two weeks so it was great to give her a surprise welcome. I also did it because I once came home from abroad really hoping to see her at the airport but it was not to be.

So how is this personal note related to Steve's book? I do not know. This is how I saw things when I was reading. So this is what I wrote about.

No comments: